We are looking forward PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
What is a PPG
The PPG (Patient Participation Group) is a group of patients who work (in a volunteer capacity and in collaboration with the practice) towards the continuous improvement of surgery services.
How long has Oaklands Health Centre had a PPG
The PPG for Oaklands Health Centre was established in January 2017. We currently have 7-10 members, representing 11,470 patients.
- To provide a forum in which to discuss, plan and develop the best health services for our patients
- To monitor and improve patient satisfaction by, for example, carrying out opinion surveys
- To help inform patient about the different health services and medical treatments available in the practice and locally, such as NHS Website, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners and E-Consults
- To produce patient newsletters with appropriate local and national health matters
- To work to ensure that the PPG has a wide representational membership, by promoting the group and encouraging new members
- To represent the practice locally and nationally when patient voices are required
Would you like to have a say in how this surgery operates?
Oaklands Health Centre is always looking for new members. We are a friendly and diverse group, who met regularly to discuss ways in which the Practice can be improved, consider changes in the NHS and how they may impact our Practice.
If you would like to know more about what we do, or are interested in joining us, please speak to a member of staff.
The next PPG meeting will be Monday 10 September at 1.00pm at the surgery
Minutes of Last PPG Meeting May 2018 Minutes